I’m very interested in Jim Weirich‘s work on the principles of object-oriented design, especially connascence. He was recently on the Ruby Rogues Podcast to talk about “SOLID“, but many other areas were discussed.
I highly recommend it, and I’ve taken the liberty of including the list of discussion topics below:
- SOLID Principles (Wikipedia)
- Uncle Bob Martin
- Object Oriented Design
- SOLID is individual object design
- Interface Segregration Principle is done for you in Ruby as long as you do it right.
- RubyConf talk by Jim Weirich
- Goruco talk by Sandi Metz
- Jim’s Presentation on github
- Specify an interface with a test
- Single Responsibility Principle
- “An object should only have one reason to change.”
- Plataformatec blog post on why not to adopt Rack